Last updated: November 2017
- “Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from that information or opinion. For example, your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- “Anonymous Information” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
What type of information does Tali Health collect about you?
We only collect Personal Information to the extent that this is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. This includes the following types of information:
- When you register or apply for an account with Tali Health we ask you for and collect your full name and email address.
- When you register for one of our Programs as a healthcare provider, we ask you for and collect your full name, e-mail address, business address, and occupation.
- When you register an account to use one of our Programs as a parent of a child being treated by a healthcare provider, we ask you for and collect your full name, and e-mail address.
- Specific Programs may ask you for and collect additional information including Personal Information about another person, such as your child’s first name, age, gender and clinical diagnosis (if applicable).
- If you choose to add information in the optional fields during your registration of an account, we will collect that information, such as your email address, first name and surname.
- If you choose to participate in a survey or market research, we may ask for and collect other requested information, such as your opinion of Tali Health or your phone number.
- If you choose to contact us by sending us an e-mail, fax, or letter, we collect your e-mail address, fax number, or mailing address, and any information contained in the e-mail, fax, or letter you send us.
- When you pay for one of our Programs, we use services provided by Stripe Payments Australia Pty Ltd to process payment. We do not have direct access to credit card details, we only store transaction details.
What type of information do we collect from organisations that provide our programs?
We work with certain organisations that provide our Programs to their clients as part of the services they offer to their clients. In some cases, you may register for one of our Programs with that organisation, and that organisation will, as a result of such registration, pass Personal Information about you (such as your name and e-mail address) to us so that we can register you for one of our Programs. The information passed to us will be disclosed to you by that organisation when you register for one of our Programs through that organisation. We require this Personal Information in order to provide the Programs to you.
What type of information is created when you use our programs?
- In addition to collecting Personal Information that you provide to us, some information is obtained automatically. When you use our Programs, we record certain information automatically, for example the manufacturing ID and operation system of the tablet you are using, the time and date at which you access our Programs, and an estimate of your geographical location.
- When you use our Programs, we record actions you have taken in our Programs, for example what buttons you click; events that occur, for example when you start a training exercise; and your usage, progress, and performance data.
How do we get and store information about you?
- Our Programs that are accessed and used on personal devices such as tablets store information about you on your device.
- We store information about you on computer servers and databases managed by us and hosted by several third-party companies. Currently we do not store any Personal Information outside of Australia.
How do we use information about you?
Purposes for which we may collect Personal Information include the following activities:
- We use your Personal Information to provide our services to you (including to allow you to use our Programs), to personalise your experience with our Programs, to improve our Programs, and to secure your account.
- We may use your Personal Information to send you transactional emails (such as a password reset), informational emails (such as a newsletter), and promotional emails (such as a special offer).
- We may create Anonymous Information from your Personal Information, for example by making a copy of information generated by our Programs such as your usage, performance and progress data, collectively your "Training Data" that is not linked to your Personal Information. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information at our discretion.
- We may use Anonymous Information to conduct scientific studies, and we may publish the results, for example at scientific conferences or in research journals.
We do not use Personal Information in such work, nor do we disclose Personal Information in the conduct of such work. We will not use or disclose Personal Information for the purposes other than those connected with the primary purpose of collection, or a reasonably related secondary purpose which we believe you should reasonably expect.
Secondary purposes might include disclosure to maintenance personnel or other third party contractors (including outsourced and cloud service providers) who may be unable to avoid accessing Personal Information in the course of providing technical or other support services to our company.
How do we disclose information about you?
- We work with certain organisations ("Groups"), such as healthcare clinics (occupational therapists, speech pathologists, psychologists, neurologists and psychiatrists), hospitals, schools, and scientific organisations who provide our Programs to and directly supervise the use of our Programs by their members, such as patients, students, and research study participants. If your access to our Programs has been provided by a Group, or if at your request we added you to a Group, then your Personal Information may be shared with that Group so that they can offer their services to you. The privacy policies of these Groups may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information that we collect and disclose to such Groups. Because we do not control the privacy practices of Groups, you should read and ensure you understand their privacy policies so you are aware of how they will treat your Personal Information. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to identify any Groups that you are a member of, or may have been registered with, and who, as a result, has access to your Personal Information. At your written request, we will remove you from any Group that you are a member of; however, this may mean that you will no longer have access to our Programs as a result of your removal from membership in the Group. In the case of healthcare providers wishing to provide access to our Programs to patients, you will need to purchase a personal subscription via the web portal on the Tali Health website.
- We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers who work on behalf of or with us to provide functionality and support to our Programs, such as email services and web analytics services. These service providers are obligated to use your Personal Information only to provide services to us and not to disclose your Personal Information (except pursuant to a legal requirement such as a warrant).
Transfer of Personal Information Overseas
In addition, it is possible that we, or our subcontractors, will utilise cloud technology in connection with the storage of Personal Information, and it is possible that this may result in off-shore storage.
It is not practicable for us to specify in advance the location of every service provider with whom we deal. It is possible that information will be transferred to a jurisdiction where you will not be able to seek redress under applicable privacy law and that does not have an equivalent level of data protection as Australia. We will not be accountable for how these overseas recipients handle your Personal Information. By providing your Personal Information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your Personal Information to these parties. If you have any concerns regarding the transfer of your Personal Information overseas please contact us using the details provided below.
Your choices regarding your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information.
- You can update any of your Personal Information, via the Tali Health Web Portal (if you are a member of a Group that has entered into a service agreement with us), through an organisation you are a member of or by contacting us.
- You can manage your browser's cookies using the tools your browser provides; however, this may impact how our Programs work. You can opt-out of third-party vendor's use of application local storage and cookies.
Third Party Websites, Products, Services, Content, and Links
We take considerable efforts to protect your Personal Information which we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access modification or disclosure. We will destroy or de-identify Personal Information once we no longer require it for our business purposes.
When using our Programs, you should be aware that no transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and no company, including Tali Health, can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the internet.
ALTHOUGH WE STRIVE TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SECURITY SAFEGUARDS, BY THEIR NATURE, ARE CAPABLE OF CIRCUMVENTION AND Tali HEALTH DOES NOT AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE ACCESSED BY UNAUTHORISED PERSONS CAPABLE OF OVERCOMING SUCH SAFEGUARDS. IN PARTICULAR, OUR PROGRAMS MAY BE USED TO ACCESS AND TRANSFER INFORMATION, INCLUDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OVER THE INTERNET. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Tali HEALTH DOES NOT OPERATE OR CONTROL THE INTERNET AND THAT UNAUTHORISED USERS (SUCH AS HACKERS) MAY USE VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, AND OTHER UNDESIRABLE DATA AND SOFTWARE TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO OR DAMAGE OUR SITES, PROGRAMS, OR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Furthermore, we cannot be responsible for any of your Personal Information that you release on your own, or that you request or authorise us to release and you do so at your own risk.
Tali Health contact information
We will take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that the Personal Information which we collect remains accurate, up to date and complete.
We will provide you with access to your Personal Information held by us unless we are permitted by law to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us via the details below if you:
- wish to have access to the Personal Information which we hold about you;
- consider that the Personal Information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
- require further information on our Personal Information handling practices.
There is no charge for requesting access to your Personal Information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in actually providing you with access.
If you consider that the information which we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, to correct that information if you so request.
We will respond to all requests for access and/or correction within a reasonable time.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your Personal Information, you should advise us via the above contact details.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, we suggest you approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available. We will provide our full cooperation in the event that you elect to pursue this course of action.